Saturday, June 27, 2015

STOP! How to get Realtors to stop calling, endlessly.


"Stop calling me! Don't send me anymore emails, text messages, postcards, flyers, calendars, magnets, pens, etc....get it"?!!!

"Why in the world do real estate companies make public websites available, so I can look anonymously; but, then require me to put in ALL my contact information to access them? And, then start with the endless and relentless contact efforts. Don't they get it? If I want to talk to a Realtor, I will find one and call one. Ugh".

I totally get this...and, I'm a Realtor! I hate shopping for cars, insurance, furniture; actually, anything that is going to barrage me with unsolicited phone calls or spam. I feel your pain. I do. I absolutely freakin' do.

We are not out to get you

But, can I share something with you? I don't know about any other real estate professionals out there, but, I do know for myself; my initial contact, sincerely is to help. You can trust me (funny, all salespeople say that), when I tell you...it is not all about the money. Honest.

I wrote and published this blog, to help alleviate some of the pressure you feel when the onslaught of "reach outs" begin. Simply by knowing that we really can take "no" for an answer; and, we aren't trying to convince you to buy a home or sell yours in first 30 seconds of communicating with you, may ease your mind.

I'm confident, it's a mixed bag of property peddles out there. Everyone from Guido on the corner, with his trench coat full of keys, belonging to the most decrepit fixer upper; to Mother Teresa speaking blessings over your new Habitat for Humanity home. So, how do you know which one is Mafioso and which one is divine messenger, before answering the call? You don't. That's the truth.
But, at the same time, you do need a car, insurance and a home...or you wouldn't have inquired. Come on, now...I do have a good point.

Accept it...and have a little faith

However, acknowledging and accepting the fact that these two types of Realtors exists; will help you squash the feeling, that all of us are on the side of evil telemarketer. Understanding, for as many whack jobs that are floundering about; there are equal amounts of genuinely caring agents, that really, really, really want to help. We will assume, that not every prospective client is in their line of work, just for the money. Neither are we.

Okay, so my linear blogging sucks today; but, what I am aimlessly trying to express is...take a chance. We won't ask you for your home address and be pounding on your door in 5 minutes, invite you into our office to sign your life away to a mortgage, or send you an infinite email campaign of properties...and heck if we do, tell us to stop! This is your property journey. Your choices.

I say live on the wild side, have a little faith in people, Respond to an email. Pick up the phone. Send a text back. Give us an opportunity to show you, our style of relating, our education, our experience, our passion for you, our new client! Nothing is more exciting to me then speaking to a budding new client, that took a chance, and spoke with me; and, I know soon I will be handing them the keys to their little piece of the American Dream.

Take a chance. It's worth it.

You're taking a gamble on real estate...why not take a gamble on a Realtor. The odds are in your favor (and we do comprehend the term "just looking").

Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/d/dalecarneg132642.html#RjvMyfCZZ5mRs0Qx.99



No comments:

Post a Comment